The following are the most frequently asked questions. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, never hesitate to reach out and ask!
Does it work?
Um, yes!!! And don’t take my word for it – please read the testimonials – everyone from moms, dads, and children – to athletes and police officers. IT WORKS!
How do I apply it?
Just use a small amount on your fingertips.
What are the ingredients?
Organic coconut oil, food grade arrowroot powder, food grade non-aluminum baking soda, and therapeutic grade essential oil (either orange, grapefruit or lavender). Yes you could technically eat it, no it doesn’t taste good and I don’t recommend it.
Mine is melted! What do I do?
This is totally normal. The main ingredient is coconut oil, which melts at 77 degrees. If it melts in your gym bag, or you receive it melted – let it harden up a little. Then give it a good stir to make sure all the good stuff is mixed together well. If you leave it without stirring, the good stuff that prevents sweat and smell sinks to the bottom and then you’re just applying what’s on top – which is just coconut oil.
What if I have sensitive skin?
Every body is different. What I can tell you is that most people have zero issues transitioning to my deodorant.
I’ve gotten rashes from other deodorants; will yours give me a rash?
We won’t know for certain until you try it. But if someone gets a rash, it usually passes quickly. In my experience, rashes are a symptom of detoxing. My deodorant allows your body to pass (sweat out) old chemical deodorant, and this “detox” period doesn’t last long. It’s truly few and far between that actually have a baking soda allergy (which is possibly, but not as common as once thought).
Can I do a detox preparation or mask?
I always recommend just switching and seeing how it goes! Most people switch over just fine. If you do have a rash or irritation, I recommend some troubleshooting detailed below.
- Don’t shave over broken skin. If your skin is broken, nurture it with coconut oil (and lavender if you have it). Allow your skin to heal at nighttime – skip the deodorant.
- Apple cider vinegar can help soothe a rash and speed up recovery time
- Do a detox mask of equal parts of apple cider vinegar and bentonite clay every few days. Leave it on for 8-10 minuters then rinse off and apply coconut oil.
- Keep it up! Each time you go back to a conventional deodorant, you will most likely start the detox process again.
- Reach out to me if you’re still having issues with your transition process!
What essential oils do you use?
I use Plant Therapy therapeutic grade essential oils. You can visit www.planttherapy.com for lot to lot quality information.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other questions!